2019 Class Details
WHO: 4th and 5th Grade Cornerstone, Montemalaga, and Silver Spur STUDENTS with PARENT(S).
WHEN: January 10, 17, 24, and February 7 from 6 to 7:30 PM. Plan to attend all four classes.
WHERE: Montemalaga MPR
BRING: Whatever you like to use for writing – laptop, tablet, journal, paper, and/or pen. Dinner if you don’t have time to eat. Water. Writers need hydration!
REGISTRATION: Submitting an online registration form on this website reserves your family’s spot for all four classes. Registration opens 12/3/18 and closes 12/14/18.
QUESTIONS: Email LorrieTom@LorrieT.com
Family of Writers is an evening writing class created and taught by me, Lorrie Tom, in elementary and middle schools since 1989. My motto: Arrive tired. Leave inspired.
- I guide students and parents through powerful writing invitations.
- Everyone experiences writing as a creative, joyous, and insightful journey.
- The last class is an anthology publication party.
- If you dream of children who love writing, there is nothing more powerful than sitting beside your beloved babies, putting pen to paper, and sharing stories.
- Plus, I show writers what they're doing WELL.
- I show you how to give writing response to your kids. No negative feedback. No grades. Just all around writing joy!
- Welcome to the Family.
“Writing can be fun? Who knew?” - THE RAPAPORT FAMILY
“Sharing inspiration, creative spirit reborn. Together.” - THE ODA FAMILY
“Writing opened our minds and souls.” - THE GAGNON FAMILY
“Tip of iceberg. Must keep writing.” - THE CIMARUSTI FAMILY
“You’d never guess who can write.” - THE SHEN FAMILY