1. Lots of parents hate writing, but they will do anything to help their kids love writing. I blogged about writing hate HERE.
2. I offer an approach that helps kids become confident writers.
3. The process rubs off on parents, and they rediscover the joy of writing, too.
4. Supplementing classroom writing with evening Family of Writers classes, helps classroom teachers. Why? Teachers make it crystal clear that their students’ ideas and stories matter. And that begets big community. And big community begets parents who support teachers. And when teachers walk into a classroom feeling supported, the stage is set for fabulous instruction in every subject.
5. I used to think it was all about helping kids become better writers, but, really, it's about sharing the legacy of family stories. Stories are the humanity-driven, sustaining energy that helps spread writing love like butter on bread.
Contact me to learn more about bringing Family of Writers to your community.