1. M.Ed from UCLA* Graduate School of Education, 1989.
*My beloved husband is a USC graduate, but I don't hold that against him.
2. California Multiple Subject Clear Professional Credential from UCLA Graduate School of Education, 1989.
3. B.A. in American Studies* from Occidental College, 1985.
*Beowolf was too darn hard to understand so I switched from being an English major to American Studies with a literature emphasis. When I spent my junior year in England, studying American instead of English classics, my professors thought it was a hoot.
4. Ventura County Teacher of the Year, 2000.
5. Ventura Unified School District Teacher of the Year *, 1999.
* I was a legend in my own lunchtime.
6. Third, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth grade classroom teacher* for Ventura and Palos Verdes Unified School Districts, 1989 - 2002.
* To the parents of all the students I ever taught, please accept my apologies for all the big projects that ruined your weekends.
7. Family of Writers* creator and teacher, 1997 to the present.
* Other than skiing, reading, writing, hiking, river rafting, road tripping, and eating kale, teaching this class is my favorite thing to do.
8. Fellow* of the South Coast Writing Project, located at University of California, Santa Barbara, from 1991 to 2001.
* I am also a member of National Charity League and in that organization I am called a Patroness. I like fancy titles.
9. Writing Consultant* for Palos Verdes Unified School District, teaching GATE and intervention students as well as providing professional growth for teachers, 2001 - 2014.
* Yeah! A another fancy title for me.